Thursday 24 January 2013

FO - May Rose Wreath

On my inner front door I put a simple white hook, and I like to hang different wreaths on there depending on the time of the year. This month I haven't put anything up since the Christmas decorations came down and I decided it was time to do something about that.

 I used the May Roses Wreath tutorial from the Attic 24 blog as the basis my wreath. 

I wanted it to be quite simple, just a little something to brighten up my day when I come home. On the glass panels on the door is a pretty stained glass pattern with blue berries:



I wanted to pick up the blue of the berries with the wreath and this is what I came up with:




Not bad for my first attempt at crochet in a couple of years. It too me about six goes to get started but once I did it all came flooding back to me and this was a quick little project. It was all done with a 3.5mm crochet hook using a single strand of Stylecraft Special DK. The covering for the ring was rows of half treble (UK) crochet stitches. The pattern for the May Roses you can find here.

Its simple and pretty with clean lines, which is exactly the style I go for in my house. Plus its got one of the Husbeasts favourite colours in there, blue, so lets see if he notices it when he gets home from work.

If you liked reading my post please subscribe to it using the drop down menu at the top right, or leave me a comment 



No comments:

Post a Comment