Sunday 17 March 2013

52 Books - Week 11

This week I reverted back to my childhood again, and picked up a Redwall book by Bryan Jacques. These are technically children's books, but I know my Dad read them all alongside us when we were children and they definitely fall into the children's books adults will enjoy.

This week I read Mariel of Redwall, Mariel was always one of my favourite characters in the series. There are nearly as many main girls as there are main boys, but a lot of the girls seemed to come a little later on in the series, probably once Bryan Jacques realised girls were reading the books as well as boys.

Mariel was one of the first main girls and so I always had a soft spot for her. The story is pure Redwall, there are the bad guys - rats, stoats, foxes etc, and the good guys - mice, shrews, otters etc. There are battles and feats and amazing descriptions of food. The good guys win, the bad guys lose, what more could you want.

Book Title: Mariel of Redwall

Author: Bryan Jacques

Enjoyment: 10/10

Would read again: 10/10


Comments: This is one of the best Redwall books out there in my opinion. Its an old favourite I go back to every so often. If you haven't read a Redwall book yet I strongly recommend you do.



WHSmiths

No comments:

Post a Comment