Saturday 23 March 2013

52 Books - Week 12

I went with another Redwall book this week, my brain needed something engaging but not too complicated. This weeks books was Loamhedge, a newer Redwall book and so one I think I've read once and didn't know as well.

This was full of the usual Redwall enthusiasm and characters although I felt like it took a little longer to get going than normal. It was usual in that the central character wasn't the one off adventuring instead it was someone left behind at Redwall abbey.

This was another great read and highly recommended. I'd forgotten just how enjoyable these books are, once I read one I want to re read them all. But I promise no more Redwall for a bit as I want this year to be reasonably varied.

Book Title: Loamhedge

Author: Bryan Jacques

Enjoyment: 8/10

Would read again: 9/10


Comments: This took awhile to get going, but very enjoyable and as usual well written, exciting and engaging.

WHSmiths

2 comments:

  1. I am so in awe of your reading. I barely manage a book a month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a quick reader, its one of my few skills. I mostly get through a book every 2-3 days. It used to be quicker but now I crotchet and knit more and read less.

      Delete