Thursday 2 May 2013

52 books - some catch ups

Here's a catch up on the reading I have been doing. Life has been busy recently so I wouldn't necessarily class these as classics, but both authors have a wide appeal and are well worth reading.

Week 15 

Book Title: Frederica

Author: Georgette Heyer

Enjoyment: 10/10

Would read again: 10/10


Comments: My other favourite Georgette Heyer book, this one has a more serious heroine I think than The Grand Sophy but still a good read. The end might be a bit predictable (once you've read one Georgette Heyer book you can work out the rest of them) but as usual the book takes a few turns and twists along the way and is full of humour and fun. It is refreshing to read a book with no bad language, sex or much violence in them.

Which makes a complete contrast with my next books. These are not necessarily my favorite Jack Reacher books, lets face it I love them all, but they were the nearest ones on my bookshelves when I needed a Reacher fix over the last couple of weeks.

(My reading is currently being hampered by about 60% of my books being unaccessible, I will be so glad once we've finished doing stuff to this house).

Week 16
 
Book Title: Persuader

Author: Lee Child

Enjoyment: 10/10

Would read again: 10/10

Comments: I like this one because at the start it sets it up to seem like Reacher is the bad guy which makes for an interesting twist. The book itself contains some more information about Reachers past and is enjoyable. It seemed a little slower paced than some of the Reacher books, possibly because he is stuck inside the one house for a large proportion of the book, but that didn't detract from the story.

Week 17

Book Title: One Shot

Author: Lee Child

Enjoyment: 10/10

Would read again: 10/10

Comments: Another one which harks back to Reachers past. Also has some interesting insights into the Soviet and a bad guy I could almost sympathise with if only because of his past.

So there's my last few weeks reading. Not classics exactly, fairly easy reading but just what I needed at the moment. Hopefully I'll get back on track with some more serious reading over the next few weeks. Hopefully... I keep waiting for life to calm down and for some reason it never does.

No comments:

Post a Comment